Friday, May 04, 2007

Getting PE Tubes






These pics are from my surgery on May 1st. I had PE tubes placed in my ears at 8:00 AM. These are in the car on the way to the hospital and before the surgery. No pictures were taken afterwards as I was a crying mess until about 1:00 from the anesthesia. Inconsolable. The doctor said my ear drums exploded with pus b/c they were so infected. Mommy and Daddy knew that was the case b/c I was up for about 3 hours screaming my head off the night before. The only way I could get comfortable was to sleep (sitting up) in the rocking chair with Mommy holding me. The light at the end of the tunnel was that I was getting tubes the next day which have cleared my ears. Unfortunately, I now have a fever of unknown origin. The preliminary culture from the gunk in my ears is strep and the doctor changed my antibiotic to a stronger one. It is yucky tasting and has messed my tummy up pretty good. We are going to give it one more day before we call the doctor again for something else. We will get through it. I had to go to the pediatrician's office on Monday, so maybe I picked up a virus there. They gave me two shots in my legs of antibiotics during the surgery also. Hopefully, I will be a new man soon. We'll keep you updated.

No comments: