Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sick boy

Well, at least it's not my ears this time, but...I have the croup! I woke up this morning (Saturday) with a barking cough, wheezing, and a hoarse voice. (It has been going around the kids at my school.) Mommy and Daddy took me to the Urgent Care Center in Gulf Shores and we were lucky that the doctor there just happened to be a well-known pulmonologist. He checked me out and gave me some antibiotic and a steroid. Up until this point, I had been pretty much fine, playing in the waiting room, flirting with anyone I could get to look at me. All of that changed on the way home when I woke up from a quick nap in my car seat. I started crying and wheezing and could not breathe. I was kicking my feet in panic. Mommy and Daddy were also pretty panicked. So much so that they had turned the car around to go to the ER. But, I finally calmed down enough to start breathing normally again and get home. Once we got the steroid down (a job in and of itself), I started to breathe a lot better. I am still sick and it is probably going to be a long night with the coughing and waking up. So, no fun pictures to laugh at on this post. Positive things: eating well, drinking fluids and taking my "pink medicine" well, and took a good dose of the steroids. Hopefully, everything will continue to go well and we won't end up in the ER tonight. Think about us!

2 comments:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

poor baby! i sure hope he's feeling better today!

Rachel said...

hope that sweet boy feels better! i'm sure that breathing episode wasn't too fun and just a bit scary. hang in there freddie, we love your sweet smile and are waiting for pictures of that smilin face. get well soon!!!! :)