Monday, April 16, 2007

What a day!!

Well, today we went to see Dr. Lurton, an ENT in Pensacola, about my poor little ears. On Wednesday, one was infected and by today, both were in sad shape. :-( Last night was not a good night. Anyway, my new doctor gave us some more medicine (more butt-reddening Augmentin) and recommended that I have tubes put in my ears to help the fluid drain. He asked Mommy and Daddy a bunch of questions and told them that it was all Mommy's fault since she had ear infections a lot as a kid and probably has Eustachian tube dysfunction that she has passed on to me. He explained that even as I get older and my Eustachian tube grows and becomes more angled, I will always have this dysfunction. Mommy admitted that she still has "issues" with her ears being very stuffy and hard to drain when she is sick with a cold. Anyway, I am scheduled to get my tubes on May 1st. Hopefully, it will keep me from having all of this trouble, all of the time. I can still get infections in my ears, but at least it won't be from that nasty fluid in there. It's not something that Mommy and Daddy were looking forward to doing, but Dr. Lurton has a very good reputation and they are both comfortable with him. No pictures because I am pitiful with a cold in my nose and both of my eyes. Green stuff everywhere. Hopefully, I'll be better by the end of Mommy's spring break! More to come...

No comments: